Sunday, August 30, 2015

It's Back to School Time

School days...


Bye.

The start of the new school year reminds me of a few reflections on education by some famous people.

I thought you might enjoy them as the new school days begin: 

An old school view:

-- I'm not a Twitter, I'm not a twerker, I'm not a Facebooker, I'm not nothing.  I'm old school.

    -- Michael Jordan 

A great view:

-- I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.

    -- Lily Tomlin

A thoughtful view:

 -- We don't stop going to school when we graduate.

    -- Carol Burnett 

An irreverent view:

 -- I won't say ours was a tough school, but we had our own coroner.  We used to write essays like: What I'm going to do if I grow up.

    -- Lenny Bruce 

A Yogi view:

-- I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia.  Let them walk to school like I did.

   -- Yogi Berra

A funny lady's view:  

-- Smartness runs in my family.  When I went to school, I was so smart my teacher was in my class for five years.

    -- Gracie Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment