Monday, February 5, 2018

Why do we Work so Hard?

The joke is that work is fun...

Just another day at the office.

When I was young, there was nothing so bad as being asked to work, Ryan Avent reports on economist.com.

Now I find it hard to conjure up that feeling, but I see it in my five-year-old daughter.

“Can I please have some water, daddy?”

“You can get it yourself, you’re a big girl,” Avent wrote.

“WHY DOES EVERYONE ALWAYS TREAT ME LIKE A MAID?”

For a thoughtful essay on work and what one writer finds as his purpose in life: https://www.1843magazine.com/features/why-do-we-work-so-hard

Photo: Giphy
Next time on The Allen Report:
What it Takes to be an Olympic Curler.

1 comment:

  1. We buy houses fast as-is for cash. Pay no real estate commission. Flat Fee MLS Listings & Discount Realtor Dunedin Save 50% in Pinellas, Hillsborough and Pasco Couties.

    ReplyDelete