Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A Garage Sale of Hollywood Memorabilia

Upcoming auction...

Christopher Reeve's original Superman outfit and other costumes from films like Aliens and Star Trek at The Prop Shop.

I'm not sure how I expected Superman's underpants to feel. I'd be lying if I said the thin, slightly rough texture didn't take me by surprise, Nicholas Tufnell reports on bloomberg.com

"This was worn by Christopher Reeve in the original ‘Superman’ movie," Tim Lawes, general manager of The Prop Store, said as I caressed the bright red fabric, which was resting on a life-sized mannequin of the actor, Tufnell wrote.

"There are a lot of fakes out there, but you know an original once you've seen one."

More than 500 pieces–not including the Superman suit, sadly–will be up for grabs on Sept. 27 in an auction that is expected to bring in £1.5 million ($2 million), Tufnell added.

For more:  https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-legendary-movie-prop-auction/?utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-business

Photo: bloomberg.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment